Graphics & Motion Designer
REJ & Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Graphics & Motion Designer to join our creative services team based in Fort Meade, MD. The ideal candidate must have five to seven years of experience as a graphic artist and motion designer. This person should exhibit a keen eye for design and high-quality aesthetics while maintaining the visual guidelines for each individual project.
The Graphic Artist/Motion Designer must have a strong understanding of motion, imagery, layout, design, color, texture, and typography. In addition, they must be detail-oriented and a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and able to work on deadline driven timelines.
The Graphic Artist/Motion Designer will use their in-depth knowledge of various software programs including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects to develop custom still and motion graphics, as well as perform digital compositing, special effects and unwanted artifact removal.
The Graphic Artist/Motion Designer reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with other designers and clients.
Fort Meade, MD
Clearance: Public Trust
70,000 - 80,000 Annually
- • Adobe CS
- • Adobe Illustrator
- • Adobe Photoshop
- • After Effects
- • Design Layout
- • Info-Graphics
- • Motion Graphics
- • Typography
- Ability to create and produce high quality still and motion graphics for the Internet and Social Media
- Work in collaboration with other clients and production staff to produce a variety of motion video products for broadcast, web and video installations.
- Ability to create vector-based illustrations, icons, graphics, etc. to convey information as "info-graphics.
- Ability to take an idea from concept thru production to meeting to meeting client and mission objectives.
- Ability to create and composite images and effects.
- Ability to create graphic compositions and animations, logos, symbol illustrations, menus, UIs and buttons.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas (produce concept sketches and quick concept edits).
- Design and create overall look and feel for motion graphics projects to come up with unique and engaging creative experiences.
- Participate in content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing, research, etc.
- Perform other Graphic Design & Multimedia / Production duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education and training/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in graphic design, motion graphics and post production.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite programs to deliver polished still and motion graphics with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Ability to produce high quality results within established graphic standards.
- Extraordinary visualization, conceptualization and graphic design skills with strong background in typography, color theory, design layout, 2D and 3D animation.
- Knowledge and professional working experience with 2D graphic design, creating clean readable artwork that can be distribution-ready.
- Ability to deliver exceptional, innovative artwork on time while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and produce creative, quality work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision from concept to completion.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques and practices using programs like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Premiere and Avid a plus.
- Portfolio that showcases a breadth of design work that include TV/video, digital & social.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States and be able to pass standard background investigation.
Interesting in applying for this position? Please send your resume to email@example.com