REJ & Associates, Inc. is seeking a skilled Front-End Designer/Developer to join our growing Design & Development Team.
General duties include designing, developing and coding web solutions that have a high visual impact using industry best practices and standards while working in a fast-paced environment.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:Fort Meade, Md., with telework options.Performance hours include nights, weekends and holidays, with on-call hours. Typically, a 40-hour work week.
Fort Meade, MD
Clearance: Public Trust
60,000 - 80,000 Hourly
- • Adobe CS
- • Adobe Illustrator
- • Adobe Photoshop
- • Content Management System (CMS)
- • Design Layout
- • HTML
- • Info-Graphics
- • jQuery
- • UI/UX
- Work with the Design and Web Content Management teams to provide graphic and web development support for the deployment of web special reports (microsites);
- Create and maintain the look, feel and layout of web pages and the entire site;
- Assist with maintenance, additions and improvements to the website;
- Work collaboratively with the Web Content Management Team to troubleshoot website and/or Content Management System (CMS) issues;
- Assist team in the design, planning and research of user interfaces (UI) that are user-friendly and appropriate for client needs; and,
- Create web page designs that adhere to Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Authorization to work for any U.S. employer; candidate must be able to pass public trust security background screening – government and/or military experience a plus;
- 5-6+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with a wide array of design and technical skills in graphic and Web design and development;
- Expert knowledge of web standards and technologies, including but not limited to HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, web browser optimization, responsive design, mobile design and Section 508 compliance;
- Demonstrated ability in using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.);
- Ability to design templates and modules using Bootstrap, working with back-end developers;
- Proficiency in core graphic design principles (type, color, layout, composition, motion graphics) with the confidence to bend design rules when necessary;
- Demonstrated experience working with and coding in both content management systems and Adobe Dreamweaver;
- Willingness to demonstrate flexibility as needed to meet mission requirements; and, Any combination of education and training/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. A typical qualifying background includes a bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or master’s degree in graphic, Web design, digital media or related field.
Interesting in applying for this position? Please send your resume to email@example.com